Students of member teachers: $30. Students of non-member teachers: $60 plus $50 non-member teacher fee
Student receives: Critique, Certificate & Ribbon
Registration is completed at GetAcceptd.com
FESTIVAL INFORMATION: All festival details are available at GetAccepd.com
Video uploads should be in separate video files for each separate hymn.
Playing for choirs and/or church services is an area many trained musicians find work or serve their community. This festival seeks to encourage young musicians to gain experience playing religious music.
- Music must be religious in nature.
- Titles found in a standard hymnal or modern/contemporary worship book from any denomination are a good guideline for acceptable repertoire.
- Classical repertoire from standard composers is not allowed for this event unless it is part of a standard hymn tune or part of an arrangement combining classical pieces with standard hymn tunes.
- Entries containing non-religious songs will be returned to the teacher.
- Hymns or traditional Christmas Carols in a standard hymnal for the Advent or Christmas seasons may be used.
- Non-religious Christmas Carols or pop songs, such as Jingle Bells, Deck the Halls, or Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer, are not acceptable.
- Medleys, if they meet other repertoire requirements, are acceptable as one selection.
- The music does NOT have to be memorized.
- Teachers may not accompany their own students who are vocalists or instrumentalists.
- An adult (may be a parent) or a student may accompany vocalists or instrumentalists.
- Pianists, vocalists and instrumentalists are eligible to enter.
EXAMPLES of hymn arrangements in progressive order of study:
- Easy 5-finger melodic hymn arrangements.
- Melody with simple single line accompaniment.
- Melody with simple chordal accompaniment.
- Intermediate hymn arrangements.
- Advanced hymn arrangements.
MUSIC FOR HYMN FESTIVAL
- Students must provide an original score of the music for the judge or they will automatically receive a “no rating”.
- Students are encouraged to use originals whenever possible. If a second copy is not available, a photocopy may be used by the student, if necessary.
- Students may use a photocopied page to avoid page turns.
- Number the measures for each line of the music.
To edit a registration, click on the registration's Edit link, then after the page re-loads, the Register tab. To delete a registration, click on the registration's Delete link, then OK in the confirmation popup. Please note that registrations cannot be edited after the grace period. If any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the grace period.