Deadline: January 5, 2018
Event: January 27, 2018
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT CHANGES ABOUT THE REGIONAL CONTEST OPTIONS FOR REGION 2
Local Entry fee: $50.00 – (includes required video fee) for all categories except concerto.
Note concerto is $25.00 since they will not be videoed and advance automatically to state semi-finals if a local finalist. All fees (including video fees) are non-refundable.
VIDEO: See TMTA handbook at www.tmta.org about VIDEO OPTION for Region 2. All students whether they plan to use this option or not will be videoed live at the local contest. No other videos will be accepted for the regional contest submission.
IMPORTANT: All students (except concertos) will need to pay the video fee since all students will be videoed at the local contest (except concertos unless requested). All students will receive a copy of the video. Students who advance to regional may select to use the video option or attend in person.
Regional Entry fee: $25.00 (all categories) – fees are non-refundable.
Fees should not be submitted unless the student is selected and plans to enter the regional contest.
NOTE: see TMTA handbook at www.tmta.org about VIDEO OPTION for Region 2 for the regional contest. At the time you submit your regional application you must select either live performance or video and notify the local chair which option you will use. Per state guidelines, you can NOT change your option selected for entry once you submit your regional application.
State Semi-Final Fees ($40.00 ) all categories except concerto ($50.00) – fees are non-refundable
Fees should not be submitted unless the student is selected and plans to enter the state contest.
See non-TMTA teachers and student fees in TMTA handbook.
Non-ADMTA member teacher pays double student entry fees.
LOCATION: Steinway Piano Gallery, 12980 North Hwy.183 (Research Blvd.), Austin, TX 78750
TIME: Chair will send out assigned times the week before the event.
- Students must be registered for Student Affiliate.
- Students must have passed the appropriate theory test.
- See the lowest grade level test students may take for eligibility in this contest in the TMTA handbook under the theory section.
- Students may take either the fall or spring test.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CONTESTS
For complete information, read “Performance Contests” in the TMTA Member Handbook posted at www.tmta.org. Visit www.tmta.org under “FORMS”, scroll down to SA Performance Contest.
Instructions to aid in gathering all the information needed in the application process can be found in the Performance Contest Preliminary Worksheet.
NOTE: Local, Regionals, Semi-Finals and Finals Contests should be consistent in their presentations. Guidelines for local performance contests are provided online at www.tmta.org.
TO ENTER LOCAL CONTEST
- Obtain entry forms at tmta.org under “FORMS”, Performance SA Section.
- The entry process is complicated with several pages of forms to be filled out. Please check with your local chair to make sure all the necessary forms have been filled out and received BEFORE the local deadline.
- Local Contest Entry forms must be completely filled out and submitted by the local contest deadline. Be prepared to insert Julia Kruger’s email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before submitting the local entry form so she will receive an email confirmation of your submission. You may want to print your onscreen confirmation page for your records. Please remember to pay registration fees to your local association.
- The teacher should collect the fees for the local contest for all their student entries and send one check made payable to ADMTA and mail to ADMTA, P.O. Box 163283, Austin, TX 78716.
REGIONALS (as Local Finalist) OR STATE LEVEL (as Semi-Finalist)
- See TMTA handbook for the number of local finalist in each division that may enter the Regional Contest based on Student Affiliate Enrollment number from the previous year, etc.
- If a student wins as a FINALIST in the regional contest they will advance as a semi-finalist in the state contest.
- Check the TMTA Member Handbook for fees. Regional and Semi-Finals Entry Fees are paid after winning the local contest and in addition to the local entry fees.
- All entries for the regional or semi-finals are submitted by the local chair. PLEASE check with the local chair to make sure all necessary forms have been filled out.
- IMPORTANT: Deadlines for Regional Contest, Semi-Finals, Correction and Notice of Withdrawal will be posted at www.tmta.org.
TMTA SA state regional finalists advancing to the state semi-finals in all divisions are eligible to play in Winners’ Recital.
To edit a registration, click on the registration's Edit link, then after the page re-loads, the Register tab. To delete a registration, click on the registration's Delete link, then OK in the confirmation popup. Please note that registrations cannot be edited after the grace period. If any problems, please contact email@example.com by the end of the grace period.