Local Fee: $7.00 State fee: $10.0
Submit both local and state fees by the deadline.
See non-TMTA teachers and student fees in TMTA handbook.
Non-ADMTA teachers pay double student entry fees.
The purpose of this contest is to promote the art of music through video.
Students must be registered for Student Affiliate.
There is NO theory test requirement for the Video Essay Contest.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPETITION
For complete information, read “Video Essay Contest” in the TMTA Member Handbook.
Topics are listed in the TMTA Member Handbook and at www.tmta.org.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF GUIDELINES FOR ENTRIES
- Students may enter any form of creative expression including but not limited to, animation, photography, artwork, and live action.
- All videos must be submitted in video format
- Entries should clearly address this year’s contest topic.
- Entries must be at least 60 seconds and no more than two minutes long including credits, which should be no more than 10 seconds.
- Professional (paid) assistance at any stage of the process is prohibited.
- See TMTA Handbook for the COMPLETE list of guidelines that must be followed for eligibility.
TO ENTER STATE CONTEST
- Teachers must submit all entries for the state contest to the local chair by January 13, 2016.
- The local chair submits all entries to state contest.
- Complete and mail to the chair, postmarked by the local associations’ state contest entry deadline. One Video Essay Contest form for each entry from www.tmta.org/forms.
- “Submit” one Video Essay form per student entered found on at tmta.org/forms.
- You will receive an e-mail with an attached copy of your submitted form. Save this form for your records. Print a copy to send with the video to your local video essay chair by the local deadline for state contest.
- See further instructions about video specifics in the TMTA handbook to include with form.
- The videos should be emailed to the local chair along with a copy of the entry form. It may be necessary to share via a Drop box account to manage the large files involved. Check with the local chair and their needs to manage the state submission.
- The check for local and state fees is due at time of the deadline. (See above)
- The teacher should collect the fees for the state contest for all their student entries and send one check made payable to ADMTA and mail to ADMTA, P.O. Box 163283, Austin, TX 78716