Students of member teachers: $25 (local and state portion)
Submit both local and state fees by the deadline. See non-TMTA teachers and student fees in TMTA handbook. Non-ADMTA teachers pay double student entry fees.
The purpose of this contest is to promote the art of music through video.
1. Students must be enrolled in Student Affiliate before they can be entered in the TMTA SA Video Essay Contest. Any student of a TMTA teacher who participates in this event prior to enrolling as a member is subject to
2. There is no theory requirement for this contest.
3. Only students in grades 4-12 may participate. There are two categories: grades 4-8 and grades 9-12.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPETITION
For complete information, read “Video Essay Contest” in the TMTA Member Handbook.
Topics are listed in the TMTA Member Handbook and at www.tmta.org.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF GUIDELINES FOR ENTRIES
- Students may enter any form of creative expression including but not limited to, animation, photography, artwork, and live action.
- All videos must be submitted in video format
- Entries should clearly address this year’s contest topic.
- Entries must be at least 60 seconds and no more than two minutes long including credits, which should be no more than 10 seconds.
- Professional (paid) assistance at any stage of the process is prohibited.
- See TMTA Handbook for the COMPLETE list of guidelines that must be followed for eligibility.
TO ENTER STATE CONTEST – local and state forms to complete
- Teachers must submit all entries for the state contest to the local chair by Nov. 7, 2018.
- The local chair submits all entries to state contest.
- Video essay contest entries and payments must be submitted by the deadlines provided in the TMTA handbook. Instructions and forms are provided at TMTA.org. These forms must be filled out completely by the local chair and submitted by the deadline.
- Entry fees should be collected and paid by the local association treasurer. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
- Each local chair is responsible for ensuring that every submission requirement is met on all forms and videos from that association before submitting the entries to TMTA.
- Local chairs for each association will be notified of results. It is the responsibility of the local chair to notify participants and distribute critique sheets and participation certificates.
- See further instructions about video specifics in the TMTA handbook to include with form.
- The videos should be emailed to the local chair along with a copy of the entry form. It may be necessary to share via a Drop box account or google drive account to manage the large files involved. Check with the local chair and their needs to manage the state submission BEFORE the local deadline.
- The check for local and state fees is due at time of the deadline. (See above)
- The teacher should collect the fees for the state contest for all their student entries and send one check made payable to ADMTA and mail to ADMTA, P.O. Box 1892, Cedar Park, TX 78630.
To edit a registration, click on the registration's Edit link, then after the page re-loads, the Register tab. To delete a registration, click on the registration's Delete link, then OK in the confirmation popup. Please note that registrations cannot be edited after the grace period. If any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the grace period.You have no students registered for this event.