$20 per student for theory registration (SA enrollment is required and fees are separate). For more information about SA enrollment fees and deadlines see p. 72-73 of your ADMTA Yearbook.
To complete registration see tabs below. Use “PRINT” icon to print “DETAILS” tab. Use “MONITOR” tab to input monitor preference. Use “PAY” tab to pay by credit card or indicate mailing a check to: ADMTA, P.O. Box , 1892, Cedar Park, TX 78630
Your Master List is your receipt. Please check it over carefully to make sure you have listed all the students with the correct grade level and test level.
TMTA SA THEORY TESTS – for more information see the TMTA Handbook with the most recent guidelines for the academic year. For further questions about theory email fall theory chair, Eik Mar at email@example.com
Monitor Preference: due to the large number of monitors needed for this event all teachers with student registrations are expected to monitor. Exemptions are NOT applicable for this event.
SA ENROLLMENT REQUIRED: SA Enrollment is now done exclusively at www.tmta.org and is required for all students taking the theory test. Any student who takes the theory test prior to enrolling as an SA member runs the risk of not having the score recorded and is subject to a fine by TMTA of $15.00 per student record.
NON ADMTA OR TMTA MEMBERS
Non ADMTA member teachers’ students: Eligibility for TMTA Student Affiliate Events is determined by the state. As a local association we have deadlines and local fees for event registration. Non-members should email for further instructions at least one week before the local deadline listed for the event registration. ADMTA charges an additional processing fee per student for TMTA member teachers who are not members of ADMTA.
For non TMTA member teacher fees and for their student entry fees, please check the TMTA Handbook for state-associated fees and deadlines. It is currently $150.00 for non-TMTA member teachers to enter students in SA events and student fees are double. Additionally, the non-ADMTA teacher the student entry fees are double.
THEORY Fees for Changes/Corrections: Late registrations after the two-day grace period are not accepted. Changes or corrections for registered student’s name, spelling of name, grade level, test level, etc. after the theory registration deadline and grace period will be charged a $15.00 processing fee per student. If changes/corrections to test level are AFTER the tests have been ordered, there is no guarantee they can be accommodated. Please notify the theory chair as soon as you discover an error since this can be time sensitive to get updated information to state.
- There are no make-ups for theory tests in the fall or the spring. Teachers should plan carefully whether their students will test in the Fall or in the Spring.
- The only exception may be if the student is involved in a TMTA or MTNA event that falls on the theory testing date. The chair should be contacted before the registration deadline should this occur. Please be aware that there are NO guarantees in this case that a make-up can be scheduled due to the complexities of facilities, state deadlines, etc.
- Students who are working toward 12-year awards should take advantage of the Fall Theory test to make sure they retain their eligibility for those awards.Make-ups will not be administered unless it is for the exceptions stated above and even in these cases there is NO guarantee a make-up will be scheduled.
TESTING OUT OF ASSOCIATION
If a student is testing from another association the teacher should read the testing out of association instructions carefully.
THEORY ELIGIBILITY (As found in the TMTA handbook) Failure to follow the listed guidelines will result in disqualification and elimination of scores in state records. No student will be allowed to take a test above the current school grade level. Such tests will be considered ineligible and will be returned to the local chair.
- To be eligible for theory medals and other awards, a student must test at their current school grade level.
- A student may take two different tests during the school year IF one is in the fall and one is in the spring, however, they MAY NOT test ABOVE their SA enrollment grade level.
- A student MAY NOT take the theory test on two levels during the same testing period.
- Home-schooled students must declare a school grade each year upon enrollment and take the test at that level.
- No enrollment levels may change during the school year unless the student changes grade levels at mid-term.
- Students who skip a school grade or who are promoted during the year will be required to take the test at BOTH grade levels for medal and award eligibility. They may test one grade level in the fall and one in the spring. The local chair must notify both the TMTA Theory Coordinator and the TMTA office in order for the record to reflect both grades.
- Students who repeat a grade must test no higher than their current school grade, even if it means passing a test previously taken and passed. The student will be eligible to earn a medal if the score is 90 or above.
- Students must be current SA Members for student eligibility in state SA activities.
- Students may have only ONE TMTA-SA membership each year.
- A student may take the Theory Test in any local association for the purpose of Theory Eligibility.
- A student may take the theory test in only one local association per testing period.
- Students must list the association where they hold SA membership when they register for the theory test. If the student’s designated SA membership is not ADMTA and they request to test in AUS, the teacher pays a $15.00 processing fee for each student testing.
STUDENT TESTING LEVEL for Pianists and Organists, Levels 1-12 (As found in the TMTA Handbook)
Note: For required testing levels for Vocalists/Orchestral Instrumentalists (grades 7-12) please see TMTA Handbook at www.tmta.org under publications tab.
- Students are now permitted to test up to two grade levels below their school grade. Students in Grades 6-12 may test at a minimum of Level 4 to meet eligibility requirements for ensemble and other TMTA activities.
- Students must advance at least one level higher each successive year and may skip levels until they reach their current grade level.
- Documented special needs students in order to qualify for any SA activity, may remain at the Level 6 test if unable to pass a higher grade. These special needs students must pass the 6th grade level each year with a minimum score of 70, but may attempt a higher test.
- A student is required to take and pass the test on only one level in order to be eligible for ensemble, original composition, and performance, even if that student has skipped a grade in school.
- Young Artist (Post-12) students are exempt from the theory requirements.
- Complete information about the test in available in the TMTA Handbook.
- Tests with grading errors may be submitted for re-grading.
- The entire test will be re-graded, and the score could be raised or possibly lowered if additional grading errors are found.
- For the state to consider re-grading, the request must affect the medal the student would receive.
- Teachers will fill out the re-grading request form at www.tmta.org found on the student affiliate activities area under the theory test tab. The teacher will receive a confirmation email with a file attached. The teacher must print the attachment and submit it with the test to be re-graded to LOCAL CHAIR who will forward to STATE.
- Fall Theory regrading deadline to local chair – Dec. 5.
- Spring Theory regrading deadline to local chair– March 5.
- Theory tests submitted for re-grading must be sent by the local chairman to the theory coordinator
STUDY MATERIALS, CERTIFICATES AND MEDALS
- Materials can be ordered online at www.tmta.org under the student affiliate activities area for study materials and certificates.
- Available for order are copies of older tests, ear-training CD’s and keys, teacher manuals and student glossaries.
- Medals for both fall and spring are ordered in the spring by the theory chairs. Remember that students who test below grade level do not receive medals.
- Medals and certificates are awarded according to the following scores:
|70 and above||Certificate|
To edit a registration, click on the registration's Edit link, then after the page re-loads, the Register tab. To delete a registration, click on the registration's Delete link, then OK in the confirmation popup. Please note that registrations cannot be edited after the grace period. If any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the grace period.You have no registrations for this event.