Local entry fee: $16.00
See non-TMTA teachers and student fees in TMTA handbook. Non-ADMTA teachers pay double student entry fees.
TMTA SA WORLD OF MUSIC TEST– for more information at this link
IMPORTANT: All testing is done by local associations. Procedures and deadlines for registering with your local chair will vary by association.
WHOM TO CONTACT
- Students and parents: Contact your teacher.
- Teachers: Refer to the TMTA Handbook or contact your Local TMTA SA Chair, Ora
- Local TMTA SA Event Chairs: Contact your ADMTA SA Coordinator, Sheree
Monitor Preference: due to the number of monitors needed for this event all teachers with student registrations are expected to monitor. Exemption are NOT applicable for this event.
Students must be enrolled as Student Affiliate members BEFORE enrolling for WOM. ADMTA local SA membership dues and submission deadlines are listed in our yearbook. TMTA member teachers who are not members of ADMTA, but request for students to test through ADMTA will pay an additional processing fee of $15.00 per student.
For non-TMTA member teacher fees and for their student entry fees, please check the TMTA Handbook for state-associated fees and deadlines. It is currently $150.00 for non-TMTA member teachers to enter students in SA events and student fees are double. Additionally, the non-ADMTA teacher the student entry fees are double. As a local association, we may have earlier deadlines and local fees as well. Please check entries for the specific event in our ADMTA yearbook for more information.
Students must take the test equivalent to their school grade.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TEST
- World of Music is a written test and is designed to teach music history.
- There is NO theory requirement.
- Tests for grades 1-3 are based on World of Music by Carolyn Jones Campbell.
- Tests for grades 4-12 are based on The World of Music, A Music History Syllabus, by Elinor L. Duff (copyright 1979, 1980 and 1981, by TMTA).
- Students scoring 90 or above are awarded medals.
- Additional awards are given to students who have earned medals from grades 4-12 (Janet McGaughey World of Music Award) or who have earned medals every year (Carolyn Jones Campbell World of Music Award).
- A twelve-year participation certificate is also available.
- Documented special needs students in order to qualify for any SA activity, may remain at the Level 6 test if unable to pass a higher grade. These special needs students must pass the 6th grade level each year with a minimum score of 70, but may attempt a higher test.
OBTAIN WOM MATERIALS
Study materials can be ordered at www.tmta.org.
Students must be registered for the WOM test online at www.admta.org under the member portal.
FIRST you must enroll students in student affiliate in the local database at www.admta.org (local member portal). new: Instructions for SA enrollment are posted under the member portal. For questions about SA enrollment email email@example.com.
AFTER completing enrollment steps at www.admta.org, then you can register for WOM event.
The site at www.admta.org will not allow access to WOM registration until SA enrollment is completed.
Registration must be completed by 11:45 pm on the day of the deadline.
There is a two-day grace period after the deadline. Teachers should submit a $15 late fee for registrations during the grace period. Late fees can only be paid via check. Please indicate in the memo “late fee” and list the event and number of students. Mail the check to Paula Wong, ADMTA Treasurer. Students cannot be registered after the grace period.
FORMS AND PAYMENTS
- No forms to mail. Your master list will automatically be sent to the WOM chair. Chairs do not send confirmation of your registration. Your WOM master list is your confirmation of your theory registration. Make sure all students you intend to register are on your WOM master list before the deadline.
- Make sure the grade levels are CORRECT for each student. You can make corrections to your registrations until the end of the deadline. There is a $15.00 fee for corrections after the deadline. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and notify the chair of any corrections made AFTER the deadline.
- If paying by check, send ONE check for fees made payable to “ADMTA“ (not Student Affiliate) to: ADMTA, P.O. Box 163283, Austin, TX 78716.
- No FORMS necessary to mail.
- In the memo line of the check put event name and number of students entered.
- If you are using PayPal, there is nothing to mail or email to the treasurer. They receive a record of your payment and you should receive an automated receipt from PayPal for your payment.
MONITORING FOR WOM
Teachers who enter students are expected to volunteer to help with the test and should NOT plan to use an exemption from monitoring for this event.
If you have a student with a conflict specifically for a TMTA or MTNA event on the test date, please contact the chair before the registration deadline. Please be aware that there is NO guarantee a make-up can be scheduled due to the complexities of facilities, state deadlines, etc. Registration fees are non-refundable.
TESTING OUT OF ASSOCIATION
If a student is testing from another association the teacher should read the testing out of association instructions carefully.
To edit a registration, click on the registration's Edit link, then the Register tab. To delete a registration, click on the registration's Delete link, then OK in the confirmation popup.You have no registrations for this event.