Location: UT-Austin, Butler School of Music
Local entry fee: $20.00
See non-TMTA teachers and student fees in TMTA handbook. Non-ADMTA teachers pay double student entry fees.
TMTA SA WORLD OF MUSIC TEST– for more information at this link
IMPORTANT: All testing is done by local associations. Procedures and deadlines for registering with your local chair will vary by association.
WHOM TO CONTACT
- Students and parents: Contact your teacher.
- Teachers: Refer to the TMTA Handbook or contact your Local TMTA SA Chair, Ora.
Monitor Preference: due to the number of monitors needed for this event all teachers with student registrations are expected to monitor. Exemption are NOT applicable for this event.
Students must be enrolled as Student Affiliate members BEFORE enrolling for WOM. ADMTA local SA membership dues and submission deadlines are listed in our yearbook. TMTA member teachers who are not members of ADMTA, but request for students to test through ADMTA will pay an additional processing fee of $15.00 per student.
For non-TMTA member teacher fees and for their student entry fees, please check the TMTA Handbook for state-associated fees and deadlines. It is currently $150.00 for non-TMTA member teachers to enter students in SA events and student fees are double. Additionally, the non-ADMTA teacher the student entry fees are double. As a local association, we may have earlier deadlines and local fees as well. Please check entries for the specific event in our ADMTA yearbook for more information.
Students must take the test equivalent to their school grade.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TEST
- World of Music is a written test and is designed to teach music history.
- There is NO theory requirement.
- Tests for grades 1-3 are based on World of Music by Carolyn Jones Campbell.
- Tests for grades 4-12 are based on The World of Music, A Music History Syllabus, by Elinor L. Duff (copyright 1979, 1980 and 1981, by TMTA).
- Students scoring 90 or above are awarded medals.
- Additional awards are given to students who have earned medals from grades 4-12 (Janet McGaughey World of Music Award) or who have earned medals every year (Carolyn Jones Campbell World of Music Award).
- A twelve-year participation certificate is also available.
- Documented special needs students in order to qualify for any SA activity, may remain at the Level 6 test if unable to pass a higher grade. These special needs students must pass the 6th grade level each year with a minimum score of 70, but may attempt a higher test.
OBTAIN WOM MATERIALS
Study materials can be ordered at www.tmta.org.
Students must be registered for the WOM test online at www.admta.org
FIRST you must enroll students in student affiliate in the local database at www.admta.org (local member portal). new: Instructions for SA enrollment are posted under the member portal. For questions about SA enrollment email email@example.com.
AFTER completing enrollment steps at www.admta.org, then you can register for WOM event.
The site at www.admta.org will not allow access to WOM registration until SA enrollment is completed.
Registration must be completed by 11:59 pm on the day of the deadline.
There is a two-day grace period after the deadline. Teachers will be assessed a $15 late fee for registrations during the grace period. Late fees can be paid online or by check. Please indicate in the memo “late fee” and list the event and number of students. Mail the check to Jodi Blount, ADMTA Treasurer, P.O Box 1892, Cedar Park, TX 78630. Students cannot be registered after the grace period.
FORMS AND PAYMENTS
- The Master List generated after you register is your receipt of registration. Your entries will automatically be sent to the WOM chair. Chairs do not send confirmation of your registration. Make sure all students you intend to register are on your WOM master list before the deadline.
- Make sure the grade levels are CORRECT for each student. You can make corrections to your registrations until the end of the deadline. There is a $15.00 fee for corrections after the deadline.
- If paying by check, send ONE check for fees made payable to “ADMTA“ to: ADMTA, P.O. Box 1892, Cedar Park, TX 78630.
- No FORMS necessary to mail.
- In the memo line of the check put event name and number of students entered.
- If you are paying online, there is nothing to mail or email to the treasurer.
MONITORING FOR WOM
Teachers who enter students are expected to volunteer to help with the test.
To edit a registration, click on the registration's Edit link, then after the page re-loads, the Register tab. To delete a registration, click on the registration's Delete link, then OK in the confirmation popup. Please note that registrations cannot be edited after the grace period. If any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the grace period.You have no registrations for this event.